I freaked Super Girl out. So this last weekend I went to the Calgary Comic and Entertainment con. I'd never been, and was really impressed. There were lots of people and it was really well organized. I had a few prints to sell and lots of promo stuff on The Fire Gods of Venus. It was kind of a 'pre-pimping' the book. It was an excellent change to talk to a lot of people and give out a lot of promo cards. I did learn a couple of things. Saying that The Fire Gods of Venus was 'kinda like John Carter of Mars meets the Doors' means squat to anyone under 30. So my catch phrase of the book as 'A Psychedelic, Post Modern, Interplanetary Adventure' means about the same. Granted, I really like that phrase, and perhaps combined with an actual book description, it might work. I can't believe I didn't have one, but I wasn't really ready to write the back of the book blurb. But a lot of people asked, 'what's it about ?' So this is what I came up...
Popular posts from this blog
Oh happy day ! I have been in contact with the producers of Edgar Rice Burroughs " Pirates of Venus" for over a year. Recently my my artwork has been accepted as part of the upcoming Pirates of Venus live action movie. That means it is being use as early promo and concept work. The full book of art I sent them ( and printed through apple's iPhoto ) seemed to do the trick. - Jeff
John Carter of Mars Movie News from Jim Hill Media. Read the whole thing here - Jim Hill Media But here's the juicey stuff -" suggest that what Andrew Stanton supposedly told the staff at Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc. back in October of last year is true. That Disney / Pixar definitely is gearing up to do a trilogy of films based on the "John Carter of Mars" books. According to what Mouse House insiders recently told me, Mark Andrews (i.e. the Oscar-nominated screenwriter of "Ratatouille") has allegedly already completed a first pass on a screenplay for the first film in the proposed "Mars" series. And given that both Pixar and Disney execs have reportedly responded very enthusiastically to Andrews' script ... Well, both companies are now anxious to put this project in the development pipeline ASAP. "So what sort of timetable are we talking about here?," you ask. Well, really serious work on the first "Mars" movie can't ge...

Comments