I'm posting a lot about other peoples projects - like the John Carter of Mars movie - but I am slaving on The Fire Gods of Venus ! Painting painting painting ! And now posting a not quiet finished painting. How weird is that ?

I do this sometimes, scan something almost done to play and see what I think it might need to make it just so. This the main character, George Birmingham leaping from (an unseen ) balcony onto a passing ship.

I think I'll leave it be at the moment and go onto the next one. Usually I'll see later just what, if any, changes it needs other that a finish polish. - Jeff

Comments

Great action here. This reminds me a bit of the cover of Masks of Scorpio where Dray Prescot is leaping from one ship to another with a sword to hand. That was drawn by Richard Hescox.

I like the way you capture the action, which is the great strength of these types of stories.
Hum, I had tried to post on this one but something must have gone wrong. I really liked the movement here. Beautiful fluid action through space.

It reminded me a bit of a cover from one of the Dray Prescot books by Richard Hescox.
Tracy Flynn Art said…
Jeff,

that is one heckuva great painting! love the action and comp!

Tracy
Jeff Doten said…
Thanks guys - I hope you're not let down by the changes to it.

Popular posts from this blog